1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Love their soup? Don't want the uppity atmosphere? Here you go! Makes about a gallon. It was great for something different. My family loves soup but have exhausted all of our recipes. We loved it, tell me what you think. I found this on a "secret recipe" forum. Chef's name is Robert Metz.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 -4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 ounces taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 6 soft corn tortillas, shredded
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 4 -6 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro leaf, chopped
- 3/4 ounce cheddar cheese spread
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1Sauté first 7 ingredients in large stockpot until tender.
- 2Stir in garlic and taco seasoning.
- 3Add chicken stock, corn tortillas and cooked chicken breast.
- 4Bring to a boil, then simmer 15 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes, cilantro and Cheddar cheese spread, then simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add baking soda; stir well.
- 7When foaming subsides, add heavy cream and simmer 30 minutes more.
- 8Garnish with baked tortilla strips.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neiman Marcus Cafe Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1535.8
- Calories from Fat 1199
- Total Fat 133.3 g
- Saturated Fat 78.0 g
- Cholesterol 439.8 mg
- Sodium 1109.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 43.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: