Recipe by Mark O.
I found the recipe for the Neiman Marcus Brownie on the web at http://community-2.webtv.net/ D22R/WelcomeTOTheGreat/page3.html . And they spotted it in the Houston Chronicle.
Top Review by bronwynmacisaac
Agree with prior post...used 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter...it was plenty. I also added 1 Tablespoon of vanilla to cake mix and 1-2 teaspoons of almond flavoring to the cream cheese mixture.
- 1 (10 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2-1 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine dry ingredients, butter and 1 egg.
- Add pecans if desired.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese and remaining 2 eggs together and spread on top of the cake.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake tests done.