Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found the recipe for the Neiman Marcus Brownie on the web at http://community-2.webtv.net/ D22R/WelcomeTOTheGreat/page3.html . And they spotted it in the Houston Chronicle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine dry ingredients, butter and 1 egg.
- Add pecans if desired.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese and remaining 2 eggs together and spread on top of the cake.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
Agree with prior post...used 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter...it was plenty. I also added 1 Tablespoon of vanilla to cake mix and 1-2 teaspoons of almond flavoring to the cream cheese mixture.
Too Too good
this recipe is weird to me. I made them for Christmas last year and I wasn't even going to bring them to the party because I wasn't happy with how they turned out. But they were the first thing to disappear at the party I had everyone coming up to me asking for the recipe. I wasn't to fond of them but everyone else loved them