Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
I received this recipe from a friend
- 473.18 ml butter
- 946.36 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 1182.95 ml blended oatmeal
- 680.38 g chocolate chips
- 473.18 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 226.79 g Hershey Bars (grated)
- 4 large eggs
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml chopped nuts (your choice)
- Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
- Cream the butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Add chocolate chips, grated Hershey Bar and nuts.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 2-inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375° or until golden.
This recipe is excellent. My cookies must have been much bigger than the recipe called for, because I only got 60 and I had to bake them for 10-12 minutes instead of six. Still, fantastic cookie that I will make again.
This is one of my favorite cookie recipes, and they never last long when you share them. I like to use mini m&m's instead of chocolate chips, and I sometimes add a little peanut butter (1/4 to 1/2 cup) to make them even more yummy! Even though its a pain to blend the oatmeal and grate the hershey's bars, it's worth it! My little brother is always begging me to make these and I tell him I will if he grates the chocolate. Try these cookies - you won't be disappointed!!
All I can say is AWESOME! Great for friends and family because the recipe is so big. You can allways scale it down...But why whith Christmas on the way.