Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled (small potatoes)
- 6 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, dried and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in large pot and cover with cold water.
- until almost
- tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Cut potatoes crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Add potatoes and toss thoroughly to coat. Cover and let stand 1 hour at room temperature. Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Remove potatoes from marinade and place on grill; reserve marinade. Cook potatoes until golden brown, turning occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer to platter.
- Brush with remaining marinade and serve.
We really love this one. And yes the recipe is right, 1 tablespoon of pepper. I guess we just like things spicy. The marinade and the grill give these potatoes a unique smokey flavor. Very good with barbeque chicken.
I did not leave any stars because I think there maybe an error in this recipe! I made it the way it reads and it had way to much pepper which made it very hot and spicy! Could it be that the tablspoon of pepper mean to say 1 teaspoon of pepper? I will try it again and give it stars if there was an error.