Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These have great flavor and are lighter than many muffins. The recipe makes 12 large muffins.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract or 1.23 ml almond extract
- 118.29 ml milk
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml flour, unsifted
- 591.47 ml frozen blueberries or 591.47 ml fresh blueberries
- 29.58 ml sugar (for the top of muffins)
- On low speed, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla & milk and mix well. Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with milk mixer. Mash 1/2 cup of the berries. Add mashed and whole blueberries to batter and stir them in by hand.
- Grease muffin tins well (including the top of the muffin tin) or place cupcake papers into each well (and then spray papers with Pam). Fill each well until all of the batter is used up. Sprinkle tops with approximately 1/2 t. sugar before baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. *Cool in pan at least 30 minutes before serving.