- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pizza sauce (Use your favorite or make your own)
- 12 slices genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 24 slices pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sausage (I use Bob Evans Original)
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper (Fresh or In a Jar)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust; add a pinch of sugar to the cup of warm water.
- Sprinkle yeast on top of the water and let sit 10 minutes until frothy.
- Combine with flour, salt, and olive oil until dough is formed.
- Knead the dough for 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in the bowl and cover with a dish towel.
- Allow dough to rise for 60 minutes (prep toppings while you wait).
- Remove dough from bowl and cut in half, this will make 2 pizzas.
- Spread the dough onto pan or stone.
- Spread pizza sauce over the crust.
- Layer the salami and pepperoni over the sauce, followed by the onion and mushrooms.
- Cover with 1 cup of cheese and place raw sausage and jalepenos evenly over the cheese.
- Cover with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Brush edges of crust lightly with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place pizza on middle rack and cook for 20 minutes checking occasionally.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving and enjoy!