Recipe by Angela Sara
This is a great meal eaten the same day ,but even better the next day , if you can wait! Add your favourite spices, but try it first as it is and I think that you will enjoy the 'vegetable' taste. Good for freezing.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 kg frozen peas and carrot
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onion with the olive oil in a saucepan until they are soft.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots.
- Add the water, but don't cover the vegetables with it, as the steam will also cook the vegetables.
- Cook on a medium heat, stirring now and again, until the vegetables have softened.
- Keep an eye on the water level.
- Add the diced tomatoes salt and pepper to season.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice.