1/4 Photos of Nee's Whipping Cream Pound Cake
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a great recipe from my grandmother. She even taught both of my brothers how to make this because it is a family favorite. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a heavy mixer, beat the butter until light and creamy (about 2 minutes).
- 2Gradually add the sugar and beat well on medium speed for 6 minutes.
- 3Add the eggs, one at a time.
- 4Add the flour and whipping cream, alternating, but beginning and ending with flour and blending on low until mixture is well blended.
- 5Add the flavorings.
- 6Pour batter into a tube pan which has been greased and floured to prevent sticking.
- 7Bake at 300° for 1 1/2 hours (depending on your oven, it might take longer--insert a wooden toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, the cake is done).
- 8Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before turning out on to cake plate.
- 9This can also be baked in 2 loaf pans for 1 hour or so (use the toothpick method to test for doneness).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nee's Whipping Cream Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.9
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 167.6 mg
- Sodium 242.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: