- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, milk and oil.
- Mix wet ingredients in with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into well greased cast iron skillet and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes until outside in slightly brown and middle is set.
- You can make these in muffin cups or in cornstick pans also, but will need to adjust cooking time.