Prep 4 hrs
Cook 6 hrs
From Patrick Neely of Neely's Bar-B-Que Restaurant in Memphis, Tenn
Make and share this Neely's Wet BBQ Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 32 ounces ketchup
- 16 ounces water
- 6 ounces brown sugar
- 6 ounces white sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 ounces neely's seasoning (Neely's Seasoning)
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 2 ounces corn syrup
- 3 -4 lbs pork spareribs
- Bring ingredients for sauce to a boil in a stock pot, then lower heat and cook uncovered for at least 30 minutes.
- Produce a St. Louis style sparerib, by trimming spareribs to remove the upper brisket bone and other excess.
- Rinse ribs, pat dry then sprinkle with Neely's seasoning (recipe posted in my other recipes), rubbing in with your fingers, and covering in plastic wrap and refrigerating for 4-12 hours.
- Prepare your grill for cooking with indirect heat.
- Place ribs, curls pointing up (to retain moisture) over indirect heat at 250F and cook for three hours.
- Turn the ribs and increase the temperature to 300°F Cook for another 2 1/2 hours.
- At this point, begin basting with barbecue sauce for the final 30 minutes of cooking (any longer and the sauce will burn).
- Cook ribs using an indirect grilling method at 250F for the first three hours, then 300F for the last three hours.