1/1 Photo of Neely's Smoked Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches
I copied this from foodnetwork.com because I wanted to know the nutritional information. I haven't tried it yet as it's cooking now, but it smells great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced into quarters then lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, I used Jack Daniels
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the sausages and brown on all sides, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from skillet and reserve.
- 3Add onions and peppers to the skillet and saute until tender and golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste, beer, and BBQ sauce. Cook for a few minutes, then add the sausages back to the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is nice and thick, about 10 minutes.
- 4Slice the bread open, put on sheet tray, and toast in the oven while the sausage is simmering. Remove the bread from the oven and fill with the sausages and peppers.
- 5Transfer to serving dishes and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neely's Smoked Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.4
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 1587.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 21.6 g