Prep 8 hrs
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from Food Network, off of Paula Deen's show. The Neely's made some beautiful BBQ Pork Chops, and let me tell you, They are to die for!!! Give 'em a try, I'm sure you'll love them!!!
- 4 pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 cup paprika
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Mix 1 cup paprika, 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon onion powder in a small bowl. Apply to each pork chop.
- For the sauce: Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Over high heat, bring ingredients to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Once sauce comes to a boil, reduce temperature to low and simmer, uncovered, for at least 2 hours.
- Place pork chops in a large freezer safe plastic bag. Pour 2 cups of Neely's BBQ sauce into bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Place pork chops on grill and cook until internal temperature is 160°F
- Reapply BBQ sauce to pork chops prior to serving.
I made this recipe tonight and it was amazing. Tasted like it had been smoked for hours. My family loved it and the best part of it was it was Gluten Free!