Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is a recipe from Down Home with the Neely's (on the Food Network). They served it on top of grilled/sliced flank steak with a side of garlic mashed potatoes for a romantic meal. I am going to serve it on top of some chicken breasts this evening. You can substitute out blue cheese for the gorgonzola and get the same wonderful results. . .pure bliss!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Incredible! It went together so easily and was so packed with flavor! I served this Recipe #456703, but even ended up putting some on my potatoes too! It makes plenty of sauce, but make sure you use it all. I tried to reheat some of the leftover sauce and it was not the same as when it was freshly made. Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe. Made for ZWT7 by a Hot Pink Lady.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1⁄4 lb gorgonzola
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add butter to melt; throw in the shallots and saute until tender.
- Add the heavy cream (or half and half) and let reduce by half.
- Turn heat to low, add the Gorgonzola and stir until it melts.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.