1/3 Photos of Neely's Gorgonzola Creme Sauce
This is a recipe from Down Home with the Neely's (on the Food Network). They served it on top of grilled/sliced flank steak with a side of garlic mashed potatoes for a romantic meal. I am going to serve it on top of some chicken breasts this evening. You can substitute out blue cheese for the gorgonzola and get the same wonderful results. . .pure bliss!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add butter to melt; throw in the shallots and saute until tender.
- 3Add the heavy cream (or half and half) and let reduce by half.
- 4Turn heat to low, add the Gorgonzola and stir until it melts.
- 5Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neely's Gorgonzola Creme Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.5
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.4 mg
- Sodium 444.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.4 g