This is a recipe from Down Home with the Neely's (on the Food Network). They served it on top of grilled/sliced flank steak with a side of garlic mashed potatoes for a romantic meal. I am going to serve it on top of some chicken breasts this evening. You can substitute out blue cheese for the gorgonzola and get the same wonderful results. . .pure bliss!
- Heat a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add butter to melt; throw in the shallots and saute until tender.
- Add the heavy cream (or half and half) and let reduce by half.
- Turn heat to low, add the Gorgonzola and stir until it melts.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.