Recipe by Sharon123
This is the famous sweet and spicy slaw from the Neely's restaurant that people come and buy by the bucketful. Make extra, you'll need it! From the Neely's Celebration Cookbook.
Top Review by michael m.
This is the best coleslaw I have ever had. My mom made this and I was extremely happy with it. I request it all the time. This coleslaw is especially awesome on pulled pork sandwiches.
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1 small head red cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml prepared yellow mustard
- 9.85 ml apple cider vinegar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cabbages into quarters, and remove the cores. Peel the carrots and onion, and slice them into pieces that will fit through the feed tube of a food processor. Fit the food processor with the large holed grater attachment, and push the cabbage, carrots, and onion through the feed tube to grate. Pour the vegetables into a large bowl, and toss to combine.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and cayenne in a medium bowl, whisking until the sugar is dissolved. Toss the coleslaw with the dressing, and season with salt and additional pepper to taste. Cover the slaw with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!