Recipe from Down Home with the Neelys from the Food Network. Yum, yum, yum! They serve this as a side dish with flank steak and mashed potatoes for a complete romantic meal. The chicken stock and bacon take away some of the bitterness of the greens (which I am convinced that you either love or hate) and the sweetness of the raisins is a great complimentary flavor!
- On medium heat, saute bacon in a large saute pan. When it is almost done, add your sliced garlic for a minute or two. Drain drippings when cooked and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking, boil water in a large pot.
- Blanch mustard greens in boiling water until bright green (about 2 minutes). *Cook's Note: Add a few greens a little bit at a time into boiling water. Make room for more greens by pushing down with a spoon. Drain greens.
- Add greens to your saute pan full of bacon/garlic. Stir together.
- Add chicken stock, raisins, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well together.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.