1/4 Photos of Neelys' Braised Mustard Greens With Bacon and Raisins
Recipe from Down Home with the Neelys from the Food Network. Yum, yum, yum! They serve this as a side dish with flank steak and mashed potatoes for a complete romantic meal. The chicken stock and bacon take away some of the bitterness of the greens (which I am convinced that you either love or hate) and the sweetness of the raisins is a great complimentary flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On medium heat, saute bacon in a large saute pan. When it is almost done, add your sliced garlic for a minute or two. Drain drippings when cooked and set aside.
- 2While bacon is cooking, boil water in a large pot.
- 3Blanch mustard greens in boiling water until bright green (about 2 minutes). *Cook's Note: Add a few greens a little bit at a time into boiling water. Make room for more greens by pushing down with a spoon. Drain greens.
- 4Add greens to your saute pan full of bacon/garlic. Stir together.
- 5Add chicken stock, raisins, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well together.
- 6Let simmer for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neelys' Braised Mustard Greens With Bacon and Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.8
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 380.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: