Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is from the Neely's show on the foodnetwork.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cooked uncovered, stirring frequently, for 2 hours.
This sauce is great! Allowing it to simmer is key.
Made this tonight on pork chops, we loved it!!
I was going to post this for safe-keeping, but here it is! I am not rating this, because I have not made it yet. On the Food Network site, the recipe calls for 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of the black pepper,onion powder and dry mustard, not 1/2 tsp. They add 1 1/2 tsps. of paprika, but I will probably reduce that to 1/2 tsp. Also, they add 1/2 of a lemon, juiced. Thanks for posting, cookiedog.