Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Perfect for your next barbecue or take them along to a friends.
Make and share this Neely's Barbecue Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pork or 3⁄4 cup beef brisket
Neelys BBQ Seasoning (use 1/3 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups paprika
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 3⁄4 tablespoons onion powder
Neelys BBQ Sauce (use 1 cup)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Saute the red pepper, onion and garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the baked beans and remaining ingredients and bring to a low simmer. Cover the beans and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- BBQ Seasoning: Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. Keep in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Neelys BBQ Sauce: In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Yield: 3 1/2 cups.
Perfect and oh wonderfully tasty. I enjoy the "Neely's" and find their recipes very "down-home" and full of goodness! This was no exception ~ truly down home and really, really nice with the red pepper, (which I have never used in baked beans). I used some chopped pork-shoulder and this was as if we were at our own BBQ with a big bowl of baked beans in front of us! Followed this to absolute except used a "Smoked" paprika instead of a sweet or hot one. No time to put together, but the taste is so exceptional! Will make again! Made for *PAC* Spring 2010