1/6 Photos of Neely's Asparagus Casserole
From "Down Home with the Neely's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil, for sauteeing
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper, fresh ground
- 680.38 g asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml dill leaves, fresh chopped
- 236.59 ml gruyere cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 354.88 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml paprika, smoked
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Heat oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions and garlic; saute until translucent and fragrant and season with salt and pepper. Add the asparagus and saute until just tender. Remove rom heat and let cool.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, dill and cheeses.
- 4In a separate bowl, add panko, paprika and butter. Mix well to combine.
- 5Place asparagus in casserole dish. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus and top with the panko, spreading evenly.
- 6Place in the preheated oven and bake until casserole is set and the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neely's Asparagus Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.3
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.0 g
- Cholesterol 240.2 mg
- Sodium 1251.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 25.1 g