Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 medium potatoes
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 236.59 ml almonds, chopped
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1360.77 g powdered sugar
- 340.19 g dark chocolate
- Cook and mash potatoes. While still warm, add the powdered sugar. Mix well. Add the coconut and nuts. Add vanilla. Mix well.
- Form into small shapes or balls and leave for a while to cool and set.
- Melt dipping chocolate in a double boiler. Using a toothpick, roll each ball into the melted chocolate.
This was an adventure. I made the mashed potatoes and thought "There is no way that the confectioner's sugar is going to mix with this dry mess!" Oh, how wrong I was! As I mixed, the mixture turned creamy. As sugar went in, the mixture became creamier. It was amazing. Then I thought, "There is no way that this is going to become a stiff dough. It''s so runny." Wrong again! This dough will take every bit of the three pounds of sugar. I cheated a bit and used chocolate flavored confectioner's sugar so that I wouldn't have to dip these. No matter. This recipe is amazing, delicious and versatile. Thank you Stacey! Made, reviewed and weight gained for 2009 Fall PAC.