Recipe by Aroostook
Aroostook County is potato country. Even our candy has potato in it!
Top Review by jcmckeown
yummy yummy yummy. I grew up in Maine and remember these fondly...had to make some for myself. It's a shame that no one has heard of these little bits of heaven. My father-in-law made fun until he tried, and now he's a convert. Thanks for the recipe and the little bit of home.
- 3⁄4 cup warm unseasoned mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces coconut
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces paraffin wax
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first six ingredients well.
- Place into a 9x13 pan and pat down until smooth.
- Place in refrigerator until firm.
- Cut into 24 squares.
- Melt chocolate/wax in a double boiler.
- Dip each square into melted chocolate (I use a toothpick).
- Place on waxed paper to harden.
- Store in airtight container.