Recipe by Scribbler515
I love coffee but I have come to accept the fact that coffee just does not love me back (headaches, upset stomach, etc.) Sooo, this is the recipe I reach for when I need a healthy pick-me-up in the morning. It is peanut buttery, and slightly chocolatey. Enjoy.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
The chocolate and banana together was quite tasty, and I enjoyed the Smoothie a lot. I think it might have been a little more to my liking if I had used sweetened cocoa though The amount of peanut butter is just right for me, because it left a hint of it without overpowering the multitude of other lovely flavors that mesh so well as this recipe is written. I liked the suggestions of perhaps adding a little coffee, too. Maybe I'll try that next time. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Azriel31. Made for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1⁄2 cup milk, I use 2% low fat
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut banana into chunks.
- Combine 1/3 banana chunks and milk and use hand blender or regular blender to mix well. I use a hand blender and blend in a hard plastic cup. Slowly add rest of banana and blend.
- Add peanut butter. Blend well.
- Add cocoa powder and push powder underneath liquid so as to not splatter when turning on blender.
- Blend well.