Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
As a low-carb dieter, I missed desserts. This recipe is so delicious, it's hard to eat just one serving. But it's so good for you! Berries are the healthiest fruit for you, for a variety of reasons, so don't feel guilty for enjoying this wonderful dessert.
- 1 lb blueberries (I use 1 frozen bag of berries. Make sure you defrost them, though)
- 1 lb blackberry (Also, 1 bag defrosted)
- 2 medium apples, pureed with skins (I recommend Fuji apples)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup sugar substitute (I recommend Splenda)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (unsweetened, from a health food store)
- 1 cup oats (oatmeal, old-fashioned)
- 1 cup almonds, ground to a meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- In a big bowl, whip eggs.
- Add berries, pureed apples, Splenda, spice and coconut.
- Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients- oatmeal, ground almonds, salt, spice, flaxseed meal, whey protein powder, oat bran and wheat bran.
- In a measuring cup, whip together oil and milk until cloudy.
- Pour oil and milk mix over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large baking dish (I recommend a 9x13 inch deep dish) pour in the fruit mixture.
- With a fork, spread the crumble mix gently over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.
This is not low carb!
So easy and absolutely delicious!