As a low-carb dieter, I missed desserts. This recipe is so delicious, it's hard to eat just one serving. But it's so good for you! Berries are the healthiest fruit for you, for a variety of reasons, so don't feel guilty for enjoying this wonderful dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb blueberries (I use 1 frozen bag of berries. Make sure you defrost them, though)
- 1 lb blackberry (Also, 1 bag defrosted)
- 2 medium apples, pureed with skins (I recommend Fuji apples)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup sugar substitute (I recommend Splenda)
- 1/2 cup coconut (unsweetened, from a health food store)
- 1 cup oats (oatmeal, old-fashioned)
- 1 cup almonds, ground to a meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice (optional)
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1In a big bowl, whip eggs.
- 2Add berries, pureed apples, Splenda, spice and coconut.
- 3Mix well.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients- oatmeal, ground almonds, salt, spice, flaxseed meal, whey protein powder, oat bran and wheat bran.
- 5In a measuring cup, whip together oil and milk until cloudy.
- 6Pour oil and milk mix over dry ingredients and mix well.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8In a large baking dish (I recommend a 9x13 inch deep dish) pour in the fruit mixture.
- 9With a fork, spread the crumble mix gently over the fruit.
- 10Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neece's Low Carb, Healthy & Delicious Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.8
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 229.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice
vanilla protein powder