Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are DELICIOUS and Healthy too! My husband and I are on a low carb diet and really missed cookies, so it took awhile for me to come up with this recipe. Even if you aren't on a low carb diet, you'll love these.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar substitute (I recommend Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats (oatmeal, old fashioned)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 cup raisins
- Mix together butter, Splenda, molasses and spice until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together ground almonds, oat bran, baking soda, salt, flaxseed meal and oatmeal.
- Add slowly to butter mix and blend well.
- Add raisins and mix again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray and drop dough onto them.
- These cookies do not spread out very much so you may want to press them down a little bit.
- The less you press them out the fatter and chewier they are.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Be careful not to overbake.
Whoaaa,,,these are NOT low carb?.38.2 for 1 cookie?. Be careful Low Carbers
These cookies give me so much energy I can't do with out them. Two cookies on my break at work have an amazing effect on my afternoon-falling-asleep-problem--T Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!--LisaJo My changes: I use Wheat Bran because I can't locate Oat Bran. I use Soy Protein Powder and then and 1.5 tsp's of vanilla to the egg/butter mixture. I use 1 cup of Craisens instead of raisens.
I was looking for a high fiber cookie and these cookies not only fit the bill but tasted great as well. I expecially liked the taste the ground almonds provided. I used 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar instead of Splenda. I used honey in place of molasses and 2 tsp. vanilla in place of vanilla protein powder (which I could not find). I also added 1 1/2 cups flour. I'm sure with all my changes the cookies are no longer low carb, but are still high in fiber. Thanks for the recipe.