Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are DELICIOUS and Healthy too! My husband and I are on a low carb diet and really missed cookies, so it took awhile for me to come up with this recipe. Even if you aren't on a low carb diet, you'll love these.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar substitute (I recommend Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats (oatmeal, old fashioned)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 cup raisins
- Mix together butter, Splenda, molasses and spice until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together ground almonds, oat bran, baking soda, salt, flaxseed meal and oatmeal.
- Add slowly to butter mix and blend well.
- Add raisins and mix again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray and drop dough onto them.
- These cookies do not spread out very much so you may want to press them down a little bit.
- The less you press them out the fatter and chewier they are.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Be careful not to overbake.
Whoaaa,,,these are NOT low carb?.38.2 for 1 cookie?. Be careful Low Carbers
Absolutely delicious! Thank you!<br/>TO: those who did not like the recipe, you can add or sub your own ingredients to your liking but do not tell others "Don't bother"...it's good to leave your feedback, but let's all be positive, everyone has their own opinion and can find out for themselves whether or not they like this recipe.
These cookies give me so much energy I can't do with out them. Two cookies on my break at work have an amazing effect on my afternoon-falling-asleep-problem--T Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!--LisaJo My changes: I use Wheat Bran because I can't locate Oat Bran. I use Soy Protein Powder and then and 1.5 tsp's of vanilla to the egg/butter mixture. I use 1 cup of Craisens instead of raisens.