Recipe by Neece
These cookies are DELICIOUS and Healthy too! My husband and I are on a low carb diet and really missed cookies, so it took awhile for me to come up with this recipe. Even if you aren't on a low carb diet, you'll love these.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar substitute (I recommend Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats (oatmeal, old fashioned)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together butter, Splenda, molasses and spice until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together ground almonds, oat bran, baking soda, salt, flaxseed meal and oatmeal.
- Add slowly to butter mix and blend well.
- Add raisins and mix again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray and drop dough onto them.
- These cookies do not spread out very much so you may want to press them down a little bit.
- The less you press them out the fatter and chewier they are.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Be careful not to overbake.