Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
vegan granola energy bar cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together and set aside, covered. This will allow the dried fruit to rehydrate somewhat before baking, so they don't turn into little fruit-flavored rocks.
- Cream together the rest of the applesauce and sugars.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda to vegan sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Blend in raisin - cranberry mixture, oatmeal, and wheat germ (you can add 3/4 C chopped nuts, if you like them). Dough should be fairly stiff--if it's too wet, and a bit more flour and possibly a pinch of baking powder. Too dry, add water or soy milk.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 12-15 min, or until they appear fluffy.
- You might want to make a test batch, then take one out and tear it open to see if it is too doughy inside before you pronounce them done.
- If they don't seem to be rising, add a pinch more baking powder.