Neda's Fruity Nutty Rocks
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together and set aside, covered. This will allow the dried fruit to rehydrate somewhat before baking, so they don't turn into little fruit-flavored rocks.
- Cream together the rest of the applesauce and sugars.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda to vegan sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Blend in raisin - cranberry mixture, oatmeal, and wheat germ (you can add 3/4 C chopped nuts, if you like them). Dough should be fairly stiff--if it's too wet, and a bit more flour and possibly a pinch of baking powder. Too dry, add water or soy milk.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 12-15 min, or until they appear fluffy.
- You might want to make a test batch, then take one out and tear it open to see if it is too doughy inside before you pronounce them done.
- If they don't seem to be rising, add a pinch more baking powder.