Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
You can serve this warm, at room temperature, or chilled. Take care not to overcook the nectarines - they should be tender but not too soft. A Cooking Light recipe.
- 4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender blossoms
- 6 nectarines, halved and pitted
- fresh lavender, sprigs to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water, sugar, and honey to a boil in a Dutch oven, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Stir in lavender buds.
- Add nectarines.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minute or until nectarines are just tender (DO NOT OVERCOOK).
- Remove nectarines with a slotted spoon, reserving the liquid in pan.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 3 cups, about 10 minute.
- Cook slightly and serve with nectarines. Garnish with fresh lavender if desired.
- NOTE: You can also serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt.