Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can up with this recipe when I discovered how caloric a regular margarita is: usually in the 300-500 cal range. These are fruity, tasty, and an 8oz portion has the same calories as a glass of wine or a beer (around 150-200). NOTE: although I used nectarines for this recipe, any fresh, ripe fruit (peaches, mangoes, grapes, strawberries, kiwi) can be used - even in combination. I've used them all. Also, substitute rum for the tequila and it becomes a frozen daiquiri of sorts.
- 2 cups nectarines, unpeeled,diced
- 3⁄4 cup prepared sweet-and-sour mix (Mr and Mrs T, etc)
- 8 fluid ounces tequila
- 3 cups ice cubes (approx. 2 trays worth)
- sugar or Splenda sugar substitute, to taste (optional)
- All measurements are approximate.
- Cut fruit into 1 inch chunks; lightly pack in a 2-cup measuring cup.
- Add sweet&sour mix to the 2-cup level (the amount will vary according to how tightly the fruit is packed- somewhere between 1/2 to 3/4 cup).
- Add Sugar/Splenda if desired- but we never do.
- Put into blender and blenderize for 1 minute.
- Add tequila and ice and blenderize for another minute.