Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is rom Bon Appetit July 2008. Easy dessert and looks like you spent a lot of time on it! You'll need about 2 pounds of nectarines.
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml quick-cooking oats
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground cardamom
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1182.95 ml nectarines, pitted and cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 236.59 ml fresh raspberry
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- vanilla ice cream
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cardamom in medium bowl. Add melted butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture comes together in small clumps. This topping can be made 1 day ahead--just cover and refrigerate.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375 degrees. Butter a 11x7x2 inch glass baking dish. Combine nectarines, raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in large bowl; toss to blend. Transfer mixture to baking pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit. Bake until fruit mixture is bubbling thickly and topping is golden brown, about 50 minutes. Cool 20 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
This is a terrific recipe. Very easy to put together, too. I doubled recipe and used a 9x13 glass pan. Used nectarines, peaches, blueberries and raspberries......I cleaned the refrigerator and freezer!! I did use half whole wheat flour, which worked out very well.
This was a good crisp, although we would have prefered it a tad sweeter. I used a mix of nectarines, peaches and cherries, and it made a great combo. I also subbed nutmeg for the cardamom and added some chopped walnuts to the topping. Thanks for a great recipe!