Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from an old magazine advertisement for Imperial Sugar. It's an easy to make sweet treat!
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
- 4 medium nectarines
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, almond extract, cream, and salt. Set aside.
- Place nectarines in boiling water for 30-45 seconds, then plunge in cold water.
- Remove skins.
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove the pits. Place the halves flat-side down in the pie shell.
- Pour cream mixture around the nectarines. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
I love nectarines and it is hard to find recipes for them. I have made this several times. I now leave the skins on, it gives the pie a nice pink color. You can also cut the fruit into slice as well. I once forgot the sugar, it was still ok, but better with the sugar.