Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nectarines are are my Mom's favorite fruit.
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 5 cups sliced peeled and pitted nectarines
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- Combine nectarines, lemon juice, cugar, flour, mace, salt and lemon peel.
- Pour into a pastry lined 9-inch pie pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Place top crust, cut steam vents and flute the edges.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes or until crust is browned and juice begins to bubble out of the steam vents.