Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Posted by request
- 4 cups peeled pitted crushed ripe yellow nectarines
- 1⁄4 cup strained fresh lemon juice
- 7 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package liquid pectin
- In an 8-quart pan, combine the nectarines and lemon juice; stir in about half of the sugar; cover the pan and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan cover, stir in the remaining sugar and the butter.
- Over med-low heat, stirring constantly, heat the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase heat to med-high and bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and skim off the foam.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring to a full rolling boil; stir in the pectin.
- Return mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat; skim off any foam.
- To prevent jam from separating in the jars, let jam cool for 5 minutes before filling the jars; gently stir jam every minute or so to distribute the fruit.
- Ladle the hot jam into the hot jars, leaving ¼ inch head space.
- Wipe jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth.
- Cover with hot lids and apply screw rings.
- Process half-pint jars in a 200° water bath for 10 minutes; pint jars for 15 minutes.