Recipe by Courtly
"When nectarines are in season and at their sweet, juicy peak, we treat ourselves to this wonderful homemade ice cream. The fresh fruit flavor and hint of almond make it very special." This is from TOH.
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed fresh nectarines (about 6 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, heat milk to 375, stir in sugar until dissolved. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine nectarines and lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine the milk mixture, cream, extracts and salt; stir in nectarine mixture.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.