MA HIKER's Note:
a gorgeous pizza topping - I make this on a store bought ready made thin whole wheat pizza crust but I am sure it could easily be made on dough that you make & roll out yourself. I also cut this into small pieces (little squares rather than triangles) and serve as an appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make your favorite pizza dough and spread out on pizza stone or pan. Preheat oven to 500 degrees (or if using ready made crust like I mentioned above follow temperature instructions for that crust).
- 2Slice Nectarines thin and brush with olive oil. Grill them on medium for about 10 minutes until nicely cooked (I use a grill wok to hold them while grilling so they don't fall through the grate - you could just cut them in half and grill directly on the grate then after cooling slice them). Grill time is just an estimate, watch them closely for desired doneness.
- 3Arrange Nectarines on the pizza crust.
- 4Top Nectarines with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
- 5Toast Pine Nuts in a small skillet over medium heat. Shake the pan every 30 seconds until browned and remove immediately from pan. Once cooled, sprinkle over Gorgonzola Cheese.
- 6Drizzle Honey over the Pizza. (can skip honey if desired, it is already sweet from the fruit).
- 7Bake for 15 minutes or until Pizza Crust is desired done-ness.
- 8Arrange slivered Basil all over Pizza.
- 9Allow Pizza to cool slightly, slice & serve.
- 10Serves 8 as an appetizer or 2-4 as pizza main dish.
Browse Our Top Pitted Fruits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pitted Fruits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nectarine, Gorgonzola, Basil & Pine Nut Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.1
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 471.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: