Recipe by MA HIKER
a gorgeous pizza topping - I make this on a store bought ready made thin whole wheat pizza crust but I am sure it could easily be made on dough that you make & roll out yourself. I also cut this into small pieces (little squares rather than triangles) and serve as an appetizer.
- 1 pizza dough
- 5 nectarines
- olive oil
- 1 cup gorgonzola (crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 10 basil leaves (slivered)
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Make your favorite pizza dough and spread out on pizza stone or pan. Preheat oven to 500 degrees (or if using ready made crust like I mentioned above follow temperature instructions for that crust).
- Slice Nectarines thin and brush with olive oil. Grill them on medium for about 10 minutes until nicely cooked (I use a grill wok to hold them while grilling so they don't fall through the grate - you could just cut them in half and grill directly on the grate then after cooling slice them). Grill time is just an estimate, watch them closely for desired doneness.
- Arrange Nectarines on the pizza crust.
- Top Nectarines with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
- Toast Pine Nuts in a small skillet over medium heat. Shake the pan every 30 seconds until browned and remove immediately from pan. Once cooled, sprinkle over Gorgonzola Cheese.
- Drizzle Honey over the Pizza. (can skip honey if desired, it is already sweet from the fruit).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until Pizza Crust is desired done-ness.
- Arrange slivered Basil all over Pizza.
- Allow Pizza to cool slightly, slice & serve.
- Serves 8 as an appetizer or 2-4 as pizza main dish.