1/1 Photo of Nectarine-Coffee Jam
2 hrs 30 mins
Something really addictive. The sweetness of the nectarines falvored by coffee. As I don't like to sweet jams I use "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1" (German Brand). It already contains pectin and you can reduce sugar to 1/3 of fruit weight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1After pitting the nectarines weight them to make 900 g. Puree half of the nectarines (i use the food processor). Cut the other half into small pieces.
- 2Put fruit into suited pot. Add 6 tablespoons of lime juice and the super gelling sugar. Mix.
- 3In a mortar pound the coffee beans and put into a suited cooking bag. Close bag and put into fruit mixture.
- 4Cut the vanilla pod in half lengthwise and scrap out the vanilla seeds. Put seeds aside and add the vanilla pod halves to the fruit mixture.
- 5Let stand the fruit mixture for 2 hours.
- 6After two hours bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat stirring all the time.
- 7Let cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Then remove from heat and remove the vanilla pods and the coffee bag.
- 8Add 1 tablespoon lime juice and vanilla seeds. Mix.
- 9Fill into prepared twist off preserving jars and close jars. Let stand for 1 minute and then turn up side down. Let stand for 10 minutes and turn over again. Let cool completely.
- 10NOTE on "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1". Dr. Oetker is a well known brand in Germany. There are several gelling sugars available. The "3:1" super gelling sugar already contains pectin and you only need 1/3 of sugar. If you can't get it, you could also use Dr. Oetker's 2:1 super gelling sugar.
- 11NOTE on "Custom Yield": this is always a guess. It depends mainly how much water evaporates during cooking. Sometimes I get more glasses, sometimes less. Have enough preserving jars at hand.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nectarine-Coffee Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1006 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: