Recipe by **Mandy**
I was looking for a way to use up some nectarines that were a little too ripe to eat & found this recipe by Elizabeth Crane on another website. The flavours of this are amazing & it makes the perfect accompaniment to roast lamb or lamb cutlets.
- 2 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, well packed
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 500 g nectarines, pitted & coarsley chopped
- 2 lemons, quartered, seeded & chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, chopped (bell pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the 1st 5 ingredients to the boil in a saucepan, then reduce heat & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl & add to syrup mixture.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to sterilised jars when almost cool.
- Store chutney in the refrigerator, will last for several months.