Recipe by Trinkets
I had some nectarines that needed to be consumed and I had just picked 2 cups of blueberries. And I was in the mood to bake. That NEVER happens! So this is what I came up with. It's not too sweet so if you really like sugar just increase it a bit. Can be served hot with a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream or room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream.*Today I altered the topping ingredients to include a 1/2 cup of crushed dried cereal. I wanted a little crunch so I added some rice crispies once and another time added special K. It is not required, just a nice addition.
- 5 nectarines, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 lemon, zested
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup Rice Krispies, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the fruit with the 1/3 cup sugar and lemon zest in a baking dish.
- Mix the softened butter with the flour, salt, baking powder, and crushed rice cereal until well blended.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Drop the flour mixture onto the fruit, it will look like little mounds of topping.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 45 minutes.