Recipe by Chicopee
Scrumptious fruit pie that's so very easy to prepare.
Top Review by MakeMineCadburys
I didn't make this exactly as written...so you can see how versatile this recipe is. I used 3 nectarines and a tub of strawberries. YUMM-O! I think it was a bit too sweet, but our fruit was extremely ripe. If you don't want a "too sweet" dessert, I would recommend cutting back on the sugar. Even though I thought it was a bit runny (didn't read megnbrycesmom's review first) it came out just fine! I'll be making this one again!!
- 4 large nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl,combine nectarine slices, berries,sugar,cornstarch and vanilla.
- Stir until fruit is coated.
- Pour filling into one of the pie shells and invert the second pie shell over it.
- Crimp edges and press with fork to seal.
- Cut holes in top crust so steam can escape.
- Place a baking sheet on lower rack of oven to catch juices.
- Set pie on middle rack.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Brush top crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.