Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
I haven't tried this yet, but it was such an unusual and interesting combination of flavors, I couldn't resist posting it here. Times are estimates and don't include cooling of the mixture.
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, plus
- additional fresh basil leaf, for garnish
- 2 nectarines, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan stir together 2 cups of the water, 1 cup of the basil, 1 of the nectarines and the sugar, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool and strain it through a fine sieve set over a pitcher, pressing hard on the solids.
- Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups water, the remaining nectarine, sliced thin, and the lemon juice.
- Divide the lemonade among tall glasses filled with ice cubes and garnish each drink with some of the additional basil.