Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
my mom bought some softball sized nectarines so i thought this would be a good recipe for them! this an easy and quick go-to recipe that is relatively inexpensive!
- 2 nectarines, cut in 8 wedges (12 oz)
- 2 plums, cut in 8 wedges (8 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, from a 15 oz pkg
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar or 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- heat oven to 425 degrees F. You'll ned a 15 X 11 inch rimmed baking pan lined with parchment or nonstick foil.
- combine fruit, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and almond extract until evenly coated.
- unroll pie crust onto lined baking pan.
- place fruit mixture in center, leaving a 1 1/2 inch border around edges. fold edges of crust over filling, pleating and pressing dough together to hold shape.
- brush crust edges with egg white;sprinkle with sugar. bake 15 minutes. reduce oven temp to 375 degrees F. bake 20 minutes, or until crust is browned and fruit is juicy and tender. cool 10 minutes. slide onto rack to cool.