An unusual salad that makes a nice warm weather lunch. Adapted from Cooking Light. 213 calories; 3.9 g fat; 38.8 g carbohydrate; 0 cholesterol. Serving size: 1 cup.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped nectarines (about 3 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- nectarine, slices
- Add water to a medium saucepan; bring to a boil; gradually stir in couscous.
- Take pan off of stove burner, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork; let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add the lime juice and next 5 ingredients; whisk to blend.
- Add in couscous, chopped nectarines, spinach, onion, and chickpeas; toss mixture.
- Adjust seasoning with salt/pepper if desired.
- Serve on individual plates; garnish with nectarine slices.