Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful Giada de Laurentis recipe. The amaretti in the topping can be substituted with biscotti. I personally don't like the marscapone on top and usually substitute vanilla ice cream....
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup amaretti cookie, coarsely crushed
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 lbs nectarines, pitted and sliced into thick wedges
- 8 ounces blueberries
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- To make the topping: Stir the flour and sugars in a medium bowl to blend.
- Add the cookies and almonds and mix well.
- Add the butter and rub in until moist clumps form.
- To make the filling: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Stir the sugar and flour in a large bowl.
- Add the nectarines and blueberries, and toss to combine.
- Stir in the liqueur.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle the cookie topping over.
- Bake until the nectarines are tender and the topping is golden and crisp, about 45 minutes.
- Cool at least 10 minutes.
- Spoon the warm crisp into bowls.
- Top each with a dollop of mascarpone cheese and serve.