Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I used coconut flour and almond flour as well as coconut sugar, all of which have a lower GI and diabetic-friendly. Instead of nectarines, you can also use other stone fruits, peaches, plums and apricots. The recipe has a vegan option. For more healthy gluten-free, low GI, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- oil, for spraying the pan
- 3⁄4 cup almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (I used organic coconut sugar and only used 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (or Egg Replacer for 2 eggs)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I used almond milk) or 1⁄2 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup non-dairy plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I used organic coconut sugar)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened or 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Spray oil inside a 9-inch springform pan and preheat oven to 350°F/180°C degrees.
- In a bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, milk, yogurt, and vanilla or almond extract. Pour in the flour mixture and mix.
- Fold in blueberries and transfer to the springform pan.
- Place nectarine slices on top of the batter.
- In a bowl, mix oats, almond flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon and salt and sprinkle evenly over the nectarines.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Infuse love and serve with ice cream or whipped cream if you like.