Recipe by Charlotte J
Another recipe from the "Equal" Newsletter
Top Review by Cookin' Mommy
Derf this is a very nice pie! I used a combination of peaches and nectarines to equal five cups and 2 cups mixed frozen/partially thawed blueberries and raspberries. When adding the 7 cups of fruit to my pie shell it was a snug fit but I did manage to fold the pie crust over. My baking time was almost an hour and my pie was not as pretty as your photos but had a wonderful flavor! Loved the sweetness of the blueberries and peaches and than the tart of the nectarines and raspberries. Will try this again with the peaches, blueberries, and strawberries. Thank you Derf for a nice treat tonight!
- 1 pastry dough, for single-crust 9 inch pie
- 5 cups sliced nectarines
- 1 cup raspberries or 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries, partially thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 24 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute (or other equivalent sugar substitute) or 1 cup Splenda granular (or other equivalent sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle; transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Toss nectarines and berries with lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Combine cornstarch, Equal, lemon rind and allspice mix well and sprinkle over fruit.
- Arrange fruit on pastry, leaving 2-inch border around the edge.
- Bring edges of pastry to center, overlapping as necessary.
- Bake pie in oven until pastry is golden brown and fruit is tender, 35-40 minutes Cool on wire rack.