Recipe by gailanng
A traditional Nectar Soda recipe. Cooking time does not include cooling time. (The calories calculated includes the entire 1 gallon of ice cream).
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Never before heard of a nectar soda, but will admit that it makes for an interesting drink & one I'd like to make & enjoy during the warm summer months! Definitely a keeper! [Made & reviewed as a PRMR Holiday Special reward]
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- red food coloring (enough to turn mixture pink)
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- sparkling water, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan bring to a boil sugar and water.
- Boil for 10 minutes then cool completely.
- Add next 4 ingredients.
- Place 2 scoops vanilla ice cream in tall glass.
- Pour approximately 1/2 cup nectar syrup over ice cream.
- Fill remainder of the glass with chilled sparkling water.
- Refrigerate unused nectar.