Recipe by MajKaj
I adapted this recipe from "The Vegetarian Meat & Potatoes Cookbook". This is my wife's favorite recipe. Leftovers (if any) make a very good "neat" loaf sandwich.
Top Review by Gwen LP
I love this recipe. I have made a couple of modifications to suit my tastes, such as: I use slivered almonds instead of walnuts; I add mushrooms and red pepper; and I found that I like the consistency better if I use 1.5 - 2 cups breadcrumbs. Super yummy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 small carrot
- 4 veggie burgers, thawed (I use Morningstar Grillers)
- 1⁄2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1⁄4 cup silken tofu (or soft)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon jam (I like huckleberry or peach)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly oil a loaf pan.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion and carrot until just soft.
- In a separate bowl, crumble the vegetarian burgers. Add the walnuts, bread crumbs and the onion mixture. Lightly process the lentils in a food processor and add to bowl.
- In a food processor, process tofu, tahini, soy sauce and parsley until well blended. Stir into onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oiled pan.
- Make a topping for the loaf by stirring together the catsup, jam and soy sauce until well blended. Spread evenly over top of loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes. After it comes out of the oven, let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.