Recipe by VNess
A nice balance of spice and sweet. It's as close to the stuff Maam made when I was working at the Thai restaurant. Goes nicely with hot rice or even just warm bread. Freezes well, too!
Top Review by mianbao
This was much too mild (used much more curry paste) and liquid for me - ended up fishing out the veggies and cooking it down - at first. It did end up as a very nice curry. I added some fish sauce to the leftovers the next day, which I will do again when I make it next time. Thank you for a good start for a nice meal.
- cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 cups torn spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add curry paste and red pepper to the veggies, mix and heat through, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Then reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp, cooking until shrimp are done (opaque).
- Stir in spinach and let rest until spinach wilts.