Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice balance of spice and sweet. It's as close to the stuff Maam made when I was working at the Thai restaurant. Goes nicely with hot rice or even just warm bread. Freezes well, too!
- cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 cups torn spinach
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add curry paste and red pepper to the veggies, mix and heat through, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Then reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp, cooking until shrimp are done (opaque).
- Stir in spinach and let rest until spinach wilts.
This was much too mild (used much more curry paste) and liquid for me - ended up fishing out the veggies and cooking it down - at first. It did end up as a very nice curry. I added some fish sauce to the leftovers the next day, which I will do again when I make it next time. Thank you for a good start for a nice meal.