1/2 Photos of Nearly Nana's Spinach & Feta Pie
Catherine Robson's Note:
My Nana makes great a Spanakopita, but refuses to show me how to make it because I don't visit enough. It has taken me years of practice but now my father thinks mine is better than his mother's--don't tell Nana.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch mint, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 500 g frozen baby spinach leaves
- 200 g feta, crumbled into big pieces
- 200 g parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 200 g tasty cheese, grated
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Cook frozen spinach in microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and squeeze out excess liquid from spinach and use a fork to loosen leaves apart into a large mixing bowl.
- 2Add remaining filling ingredients, mix with fork. (Don't over mix, only until just combined and this will make it light and fluffy). Moisten edges of pastry with some of the beaten egg.
- 3Divide filling evenly in the centre of the 3 pieces of puff pastry, leaving enough room on the pastry to roll and seal pastry into a log.
- 4Seal all edges and brush top of pastry with the remaining beaten egg.
- 5Space all 3 logs on top a lined baking tray and bake in a moderate oven until pastry is golden.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nearly Nana's Spinach & Feta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.9
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 1006.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: