Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love those boxed rice pilaf, but the price is killer. Why buy when making this at home is so much easier and so inexpensive? This recipe will use only a little oil, and more seasonings to make this very tasty. A quick and beautiful dish that's sure to impress.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup long-grain rice, washed and dried
- 3 cups water, pre-boiled
- 3 tablespoons chicken soup powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash turmeric
- In a non-stick pot, heat oil.
- Add orzo and sautee until browned.
- Add the rice.
- To the 3 cups of boiled water, add the chicken soup mix, garlic powder, turmeric, black pepper, and turmeric.
- Add seasoned water mixture to the pot, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes until all water has evaporated. Don't open lid.
- Remove from heat after 20 minutes and allow to rest 10minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
This was pretty good, but very salty because of the amount of chicken soup base. I'll try this again with either chicken stock or less chicken soup base. Thanks!