Recipe by AniSarit
I love those boxed rice pilaf, but the price is killer. Why buy when making this at home is so much easier and so inexpensive? This recipe will use only a little oil, and more seasonings to make this very tasty. A quick and beautiful dish that's sure to impress.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup long-grain rice, washed and dried
- 3 cups water, pre-boiled
- 3 tablespoons chicken soup powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick pot, heat oil.
- Add orzo and sautee until browned.
- Add the rice.
- To the 3 cups of boiled water, add the chicken soup mix, garlic powder, turmeric, black pepper, and turmeric.
- Add seasoned water mixture to the pot, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes until all water has evaporated. Don't open lid.
- Remove from heat after 20 minutes and allow to rest 10minutes.
- Fluff with fork.