Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe I found in a "Campbell Cookbook Cooking with Soup".
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- minced parsley
- Mix together ground beef, milk, salt and bread crumbs.
- Shape into 18 meatballs.
- Brown meatballs and mushrooms in the shortening.
- Pour in the soup and water, bringing this to a boil.
- Stir in rice and simmer gently, covered for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir often.
- Garnish with parsley.