3 hrs 30 mins
A classic Naples pizza measures from 9-10 inches. The texture of the crust is soft and chewy
My Private Note
9- to 1 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle the yeast over the water (in a bowl); let stand 1 minute, or until the yeast is creamy; stir until the yeast dissolves.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the cake flour, 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, and the salt.
- 3Add the yeast mixture to the flour; stir until a soft dough forms.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding more flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- 5Lightly coat a large bowl with oil; place the dough in the bowl, turning it to oil the top.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap; place in a warm, draft-free place and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 ½ hours.
- 7Flatten dough with your fist.
- 8Cut the dough into 2 to 4 pieces and shape the pieces into balls; dust the tops with flour.
- 9Place the balls on floured surface and cover each with plastic wrap, allowing room for the dough to expand; let rise 60-90 minutes, or until doubled.
- 10Shape and bake the pizzas as directed.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neapolitan-Style Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1166.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 11.2 g