Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A classic Naples pizza measures from 9-10 inches. The texture of the crust is soft and chewy
Make and share this Neapolitan-Style Pizza Dough recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the water (in a bowl); let stand 1 minute, or until the yeast is creamy; stir until the yeast dissolves.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake flour, 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, and the salt.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour; stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding more flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Lightly coat a large bowl with oil; place the dough in the bowl, turning it to oil the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap; place in a warm, draft-free place and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 ½ hours.
- Flatten dough with your fist.
- Cut the dough into 2 to 4 pieces and shape the pieces into balls; dust the tops with flour.
- Place the balls on floured surface and cover each with plastic wrap, allowing room for the dough to expand; let rise 60-90 minutes, or until doubled.
- Shape and bake the pizzas as directed.