The flavors of strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla combine wonderfully in this moist and festive-looking cake. It's easy to make and may be frozen for later use.
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package fudge marble cake mix
- egg, according to cake mix directions
- oil, according to cake mix directions
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dissolve jello by stirring it into 3/4 cup boiling water, then add 1/2 cup cold water; set aside at room temperature.
- Mix cake according to package directions and bake in a 9x13" pan.
- Cool baked cake for 30 minutes, then poke deep holes about 1" apart into cake with a meat fork or a chopstick; very slowly pour all the jello into the holes.
- Refrigerate cake; blend cool whip, instant pudding, milk, and vanilla until stiff; frost cake and return to refrigerator.
- Cover cake and (freeze at this point, or) keep refrigerated; serve chilled.
This was delicious, this is a perfect summer, (or anytime) cake. I can't wait to make it again!
I froze the constructed cake for 2 weeks and then defrosted it in the refrigerator the night before serving. It worked out great. My Mom in particular loved the cake.
Love this cake....very refreshing summer dessert.